Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
- Test, calibrate instruments, configure electrical equipment, control circuitry, and ensure correct setup of instrumentation.
- Service project components in a timely manner and meeting/exceeding project specifications.
- Perform maintenance and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Review electrical connections to control panels and equipment to ensure proper application of each component
- Coordinate with project personnel to effectively give the end user a quality, trouble-free system.
- Read job orders and observe and listen to operating equipment to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine malfunctions.
- Read, interpret, and comprehend service manuals in order to remain up to date on engineering changes.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Combine, evaluate, and reason with information and data to make decisions and solve problems.
- Maintain a strong, personal commitment to the safety culture.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrates quality work through accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Exhibits efficiency in problem solving by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner to meet established customer deadlines.
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
Commitment to a standard of excellence in customer service.
Shows adaptability by effectively responding to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Exhibits superior dependability by consistently arriving to work on time and as scheduled.
Contributes to building a positive team environment through commitment, respect and communication.
Demonstrates professionalism by acting with integrity, high moral standards and personal accountability.
Shows organizational support by consistently following policy and procedures.