Summary: Supervise shop personnel in the day-to-day tasks that are necessary in manufacturing or remanufacturing equipment according to company quality and safety standards in order to meet production line objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
- Oversees and supervises individuals and work teams in the performance of a variety of work activities.
- Evaluates efficiency of work processes and identifies and implements process improvements to optimize productivity.
- Provides on-the-job skills and quality standards training to both new and seasoned employees in order to ensure that learning and self-development opportunities exist for production staff.
- Meets with teams and lead workers to inform them of daily, weekly, monthly production goals.
- May supervise other activities such as maintaining inventory levels, unloading, storage and movement of materials, placement and loading of finished products for shipping and delivery.
- Maintain all equipment documentation throughout the complete process of the assembly.
- Complete DOT inspection and auxiliary reports after unit inspection is completed.
- Plan, facilitate, and execute a weekly work schedule to optimize the resources and personnel available with minimal instruction.
- While primary role is supervisory in nature, may be required to perform duties of assigned employees.
- Ensure proper safety training, regular meetings and resources are provided to personnel to support adherence to health and safety procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Shows excellent interpersonal skills through listening, understanding and responding to the questions and needs of staff.
Supports the team’s efforts to succeed by motivating staff to achieve production goals and prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by leading by example through commitment, respect and communication.
Demonstrates quality work through accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail of own work and evaluating the work of other staff.
Exhibits efficiency in problem solving skills and trouble shooting by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
Commitment to a standard of excellence in customer service.
Shows adaptability by effectively responding to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Exhibits superior dependability by consistently arriving to work on time and as scheduled.
Demonstrates professionalism by acting with integrity, high moral standards and personal accountability.
Shows organizational support by consistently following policy and procedures.