Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
Utilize Oracle, print Pick Tickets for the pulling of subassemblies and direct issue of parts.
Follow-up after the jobs have been pulled to ensure that all parts were correctly scanned and charged out, research alternate part numbers and compile a list of inventory adjustments, if needed.
- Coordinate and ensure timely material flow from the warehouse to production
Ensure that all parts on the shelves are organized and neat by removing all debris, empty boxes, etc as well as item transaction default accuracy.
Ensure employees follow approved process for WIP picking, issuing material, receiving/storing material.
Responsible for keeping an organized filing system of all Pick Tickets and supporting documentation.
Frequently inspect all parts on the racks/shelves for safety hazards to ensure that parts on pallet are not top heavy or leaning, secured properly with plastic wrap and pallets are in good condition.
Cover vacations of other key positions such as Shipping Leads or Receivers.
Identifies unsafe working conditions and immediately addresses the issue or reports the issue to the appropriate supervisor.
Assist the Cycle Count associates in resolving issues, if needed.
Assist Materials Manager in hiring new employees, write-ups, and annual employee reviews as well as weekly time audit approval of assigned employees.
Maintain a strong, personal commitment to the safety culture.
Ensure proper safety training, regular meetings and resources are provided to personnel to support adherence to health and safety procedures.
All other duties as assigned.
- Supervises warehouse associates in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Time-clock and PTO approval for assigned employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Shows excellent interpersonal skills through listening, understanding and responding to the questions and needs of staff.
- Supports the team’s efforts to succeed by motivating staff to achieve production goals and prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by leading by example through commitment, respect and communication.
Demonstrates quality work through accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail of own work and evaluating the work of other staff.
Exhibits efficiency in problem solving skills and trouble shooting by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and share expertise with others.
- Commitment to a standard of excellence in customer service.
- Shows adaptability by effectively responding to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Exhibits superior dependability by consistently arriving to work on time and as scheduled.
- Demonstrates professionalism by acting with integrity, high moral standards and personal accountability.
- Shows organizational support by consistently following policy and procedures.
- Strives for and achieves continuous improvement